What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help finding a part

sf3543

Well Known Member
I was installing the systems onto the ECI O-320-D1A engine in my 3B build and noticed an open port on the angled oil filter adapter that I hadn't addressed yet.
It is the hole next to the vernatherm. I think it is the opening that would accept the MS28034-1 oil temp sender (at least on an AEL22772) but I have an oil temp probe mounted on the accessory case already.
My angle adapter has the following part numbers stamped on it: AEL22770 on top and AEL22771 Rev 003 on the side. Google hasn't helped on this one.
I need to plug that hole but it is a funny size. It isn’t straight threads and it isn’t pipe thread. It looks like a flared fitting thread but AN6 is too small and AN8 is too big.
I found an old adapter fitting in my junk pile that screws right in and I think it is an O-ring fitting thread but bigger than the fittings that would go into an AN6 carb fitting.
Anybody know if there is a plug available for this?
Thanks

Last edited:
I was installing the systems onto the ECI O-320-D1A engine in my 3B build and noticed an open port on the angled oil filter adapter that I hadn't addressed yet.
It is the hole next to the vernatherm. I think it is the opening that would accept the MS28034-1 oil temp sender (at least on an AEL22772) but I have an oil temp probe mounted on the accessory case already.
My angle adapter has the following part numbers stamped on it: AEL22770 on top and AEL22771 Rev 003 on the side. Google hasn't helped on this one.
I need to plug that hole but it is a funny size. It isn’t straight threads and it isn’t pipe thread. It looks like a flared fitting thread but AN6 is too small and AN8 is too big.
I found an old adapter fitting in my junk pile that screws right in and I think it is an O-ring fitting thread but bigger than the fittings that would go into an AN6 carb fitting.
Anybody know if there is a plug available for this?
Thanks

My ECI Titan O-340 engine came fitted with a B&C angled oil filter adapter. Only knew it was a B&C brand once I removed it from the engine, as it was partmarked with an "AEL" part number on the outside.

http://www.bandc.aero/oilfilteradapter-stcpma.aspx

If yours matches the picture at the link above, and you're talking about the hole below the oil filter but above the big Vernatherm hole, it's 5/8-18 thread. You could dramatically shorten a 5/8-18 bolt and use a MS35769-11 copper crush gasket as in the B&C instructions to plug it.

Or simply buy the actual probe from Dynon or another manufacturer for around $20 and just not hook it up....
http://dynonstore.com/#!/Oil-Coolant-Temp-5-8-18-UNF-Lycoming-Continental-Superior/p/52526418

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response.
I measured and it is the 5/8 x 18 thread.
O'Reilly's auto parts sells an inverted flare 3/8" plug as well so now I have several options.
I like the shortened bolt idea.
Back to the shop to dig around!!!!
Thanks!

Back