What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Kid on the Block

Lizard Lips

Hello everyone. I am building an RV-14A in my shop behind my home in Longview, Texas. I have completed the empennage and am awaiting delivery of my QB Fuselage and wings, hopefully during the 2nd week of January. I would like to meet someone in the East Texas area who is experienced in RV building and can guide me through some of the sticky places that are certain to be awaiting me. I am currently flying an Arian Lightning LS-1, hangered in Gladewater and can travel a reasonable distance for an eyeball to eyeball meet someday.
I am not new to aviation, holding Commercial, Instrument and Multi-engine ratings but I am new to experimental aircraft building, specifically RV's. Anyone willing to spend some time me from time to time will be greatly appreciated.

Joe Reaves
Longview, Texas

RV-14A - Empennage complete
Arian Lightning LS-1 Flying
Dues paid for 2019

Oooh! I get to do my first "Welcome to VAF!" Lots of great RV'rs in Texas; they'll chime in.

Welcome to the club!

Hi Joe,

I'm located in Hallsville and would be happy to visit with you and even show my project. There is another person here in Hallsville that is also currently building a RV6 and another person in Hallsville that has built 6 of them. Kind of crazy for such a small town. PM sent with my contact info.

Trent - sent you a PM.

Joe Reaves
Longview, TX

Arion Lightning LS-1 . Flying
RV-14A . - Empennage complete. QB Fuse and Wings on the way from Van's

Dues paid for 2019

Welcome Joe,

I'm the other builder in Hallsville that Trent mentioned. I'll send a PM with my contact info. I have a hangar at GGG where I'm completing construction and that's where I'll do the first flight, after which I'll transition to Kilgore (4TX6).

Back