What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 New Panel

TnMike

Well Known Member
Just finished upgrading my RV4 panel and thought I'd share the new look ...
Still need to make labels,lines,etc.....I used the new Guardian Avionics mount for hte iPad mini with GRT miniX on the left and miniB on the right ... kept the Trio as a separate item (just in case) and the GRT EIS as well...

And this is the old look ...

Thanks,Mike

The 4 just fits the old look....... maybe a combo of the two

Sorry, that's just my take. So you can see what my 3 panel will be like.

Very nice job of flush mounting the screens.

Any idea of the weight difference? Just curious, as I'd imagine there was a significant weight reduction.

The engine monitor opposite of the mini looks really balanced and functional. I like the color of the panel. Well done.

Lt Dan,
I can check the logbook entry tomorrow but, as I recall there was over 12lbs including the
vac pump and hoses that came out ,,, and less than 9lbs installed including the wiring, both servos and hardware.
Thanks,Mike

Throttle?

It looks like you switched from quadrants to push pull for your throttle/mixture controls. Any reason why? Does it feel more or less intuitive/accurate?

Hi George, The mixture travel on the quadrant wouldn't let me get full rich or full lean - I could get one or the other but not both, so I switched it to vernier in the panel process.
Thanks,Mike

Mike - that looks great!! You did an awesome job with our iPad Mini mount! I think yours is the first official completed panel that we have seen so far! Congratulations!!

Back