VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-07-2018, 09:56 AM

Not likely to be your situation, but Iíll share my experience. I installed a Digitrak (roll only) in my RV-3 with the control head in a sub-panel in front of the stick. The unit would not go through the calibration procedure without giving up and would wag back and forth across the course line. Turned out that the sub-panel was tilted 15 or so degrees relative to the main panel and that was enough to confuse the control head. Relocated to the main panel and now it is rock solid.

I also installed an Altrak (pitch only) and managed to get the servo control wires reversed. The first test led to an interesting porpoising ride. Fixed the wires and now it is rock solid.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the additional info guys. I'll get the servos checked although I'd be surprised they are faulty ( but you never know!) . The head is mounted vertically on the main panel. The installation was done many years ago but has done very little work, most likely around 150 hrs probably a lot less.
Speaking to a 'cone head' tech guy he mentioned that the internal gyro of the unit maybe faulty because the Hdg display numbers tends to have a mind of its own. Am now looking at the hardware installation beyond actual plugs and connections. I'll keep you guys posted, we can all learn & this is a great forum for that
Old 06-08-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post
Thanks for the additional info guys. I'll get the servos checked although I'd be surprised they are faulty ( but you never know!) . The head is mounted vertically on the main panel. The installation was done many years ago but has done very little work, most likely around 150 hrs probably a lot less.
Speaking to a 'cone head' tech guy he mentioned that the internal gyro of the unit maybe faulty because the Hdg display numbers tends to have a mind of its own. Am now looking at the hardware installation beyond actual plugs and connections. I'll keep you guys posted, we can all learn & this is a great forum for that
What has Trutrak said?

You'll get as many opinions as there are posters on VAF. Trutrak's is the only opinion that truly counts.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:05 AM

According to their web site if tech advice is needed then call them, not practical for me as I am down under. I gather they don't want email contact for tech help!