What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Mystery Rivet Dimpling Tool

KenAvery

Anyone lost a c-frame dimpler in shipping? - The Mystery Rivet Dimpling Tool

Last week a mystery guest arrived at the Avery Tools receiving dock.

A well worn Avery Riveting Dimpling Bench tool, our part number 1001. Attached to the base were all the shafts, secured by the most famous of all manly adhesive solutions; duct tape. It looks like this tool has built an airplane, or at least the majority of one.

But the mystery to the tool, is that a company in Ohio contacted us last week and said they received a large shipment, and when they opened it, the riveter/dimpler was loose inside. They don't know what it is or why it was in their package, but they saw our name and number on the silver sticker on the top and called us. We sent out a call tag and it arrived in a few days. There was no box, no packaging, just the shafts attached with duct tape.

We have no customers missing a 1001 from their shipment, and as I said, it looks well worn. We beleive someone may have sold this to another builder used, and it was lost in shipment. There are many scratches and chipped paint, but it is in ok condition.

If you know the history of this mystery tool, please let us know, It seems to want to go home.

Contact us at the office and we will try and establish ownership and work out details with you.

Last edited:
It's mine. ;) just kidding. I went out and checked, my hasn't been used lately, so I thought maybe it wandered off. :D :D :D

hydroguy2 said:
It's mine. ;) just kidding. I went out and checked, my hasn't been used lately, so I thought maybe it wandered off. :D :D :D

lol - Im sure many will check just to be sure theirs didn't run away

Back