What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canada: Ontario

Hanover

CPN4 (Hanover Ontario)... in my logbook this was one of the first cross countries that I done... They have a rhubarb / strawberry jam, totally awesome. This is one definite place to fly to for lunch! Very friendly.

London

The Katana Cafe (reviews) on the airfield has an good menu with a great chef. It can be hard to get a seat for lunch, as many non-aviation folks go there for the great food. Good beer selection too, if you can arrange to be a pax for the next leg.

Lindsay

The cafe at the Lindsay airport (CNF4) is great. We mostly go there for breakfasts, but they have a standard grill type menu during the rest of the day. All of the bread and jam they use is homemade, and the coffee is even good.

Oh, they make the world's most awesome butter tarts. Mmmmm..... buuutterrrr taaarrrttttsss... :p

okay,,,now I'm beginning to understand why I can't get a ride in the back of your plane.....

:)

Peterborough CYPQ

I recommend the airport cafe at Peterborough and in fact the airport in general, as a great stop, or place to stay a while.

I get the peameal bacon sandwich since I'm a Yank. Known as Canadian bacon in the States.

Lots of tiedown space, or if you need hangar space for a few nights it's available. I asked around at the cafe and FBO and was quickly directed to several hangars. Reasonable rates, friendly helpful people, great small airport atmosphere. I think a couple of RVs are based there.

skidmk said:
okay,,,now I'm beginning to understand why I can't get a ride in the back of your plane.....

:)
DOH!!!

However, I notice you haven't ignored too many Tim Bits yourself :p

too funny ..... I've already put out a staff memo with reference to "RV flight heavy" when the time comes.... <VBG>

Sioux Lookout

Want the best fishing in mainland Canada. Sioux Lookout is the place! Land of millions of lakes and some of the best fresh water fishing anywhere!
Airport very easy to get in and out of, but somewhat busy during the warm months! If you are a fisherman, this is the place to be!

Trent-Severn Waterway

Almost forgot! The Trent-Severn Waterway. If you are into boating, this is one of the seven wonders of the world for boaters! Goes from Lake Ontario to Georgian Bay- was a logging canal many years ago, and tons of locks, but very beautiful scenery along the way. If you are looking for something to do in the summer !

The restaurant at Edenvale (Fud) is outstanding. It's not exactly your greasy spoon so expect to pay a little more than the average but well worth it. Be sure to leave time to visit the Edenvale classics aircraft association.

Funguy

Marathon, Ontario..

If you are taking the route over the north end of Lake Superior and want a really nice place to stay I would recommend the Lakeview Manor a B&B. It is priced cheaper that the local Super 8 and is gorgeous.

The owners drove out to the airport and picked us up for free and took us back the next morning. The atmosphere was old world elegant and super comfortable and the breakfast alone was worth the $100, let alone the free rides to and from the airport.

Here is a link...

http://www.bbcanada.com/3917.html

Guelph, Ontario

Today we had a most pleasant surprise. We decided to meet at Guelph air park CNC4 for lunch. I had not been there in years and was hoping the restaurant was still open. Well, what we found was a fresh new dining facility with the most pleasant staff around. The food was abosolutly awesome and very reasonably priced. This was hands down THE BEST AIRPORT MEAL ANYWHERE !
The are open7 days a week 7am till 3 pm.
It has our vote

http://www.facebook.com/GuelphAirpark

https://mobile.twitter.com/guelphairpark

Smiths Falls, Ontario Fly-in breakfast, June 1st...

Mark your calendars and join us for our annual

Smiths Falls (CYSH) fly-in breakfast on Sunday, June 1st, 2014

http://www.smithsfallsflyingclub.com

Keep the date open and stay tuned for more details as we get closer.

We have great RV's based out of here...

Back