What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Spar to Rib Alignment

KCBerner

Well Known Member
Ok, maybe I messed something up here. I can't figure out how the 3rd and 4th from inboard ribs are supposed to line up with the aft spar. The top and bottom holes line up fine but the middle two don't. This affects the holes I outlined in red above. If you look at the blue line, I don't see any way that these holes would line up and they don't on mine. What did I do wrong?
sem2wl.png

r8hzr4.jpg

Ok, maybe I messed something up here. I can't figure out how the 3rd and 4th from inboard ribs are supposed to line up with the aft spar. The top and bottom holes line up fine but the middle two don't. This affects the holes I outlined in red above. If you look at the blue line, I don't see any way that these holes would line up and they don't on mine. What did I do wrong?
sem2wl.png

r8hzr4.jpg

Because of the need to maintain rivet edge distance on the fork shaped spar doubler, the holes at these locations have to be moved slightly from the pattern used on the rest of the spar.
The text should tell you to match drill the ribs at these locations using the holes in the spar, and then ignore the prepunched holes in these ribs that don't match up to any P.P. holes in the spar.

L/rib inboard #3

In previous thread I posted what vans said. Basically this is the intent for these ribs. Use spar fork doubler as drill guide.

Back