- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > ADS-B
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Kevin,

We can certainly help you to get to the state we're in with an individual AMOC. The individual AMOC is probably quicker than the Global AMOC. Since I already have a request in for a 430W connection, your's will probably go easier than mine. The global will probably be published as an update to the AD - but published nonetheless!

The global AMOC will cover you without additional application when it is published according to what I understand about AD's and AMOC's. An individual AMOC gives you the peace of mind of having your installation specifically approved. The global will take longer as they are trying to make it pretty comprehensive in order to do it once...

Is your unit a 200-0012 or 200-0013? That doesn't matter too much, mine is a 0013 so we can compare easier if that's the case! Is your installation complete with the green 'ready for flight' indication? Is your plane flyable? If so, go fly and request a PAPR for your N-Number shortly after your flight. That will get you a report pdf'ed to your e-mail address. If it is clean, you're golden except for the data submission to the FAA - we can help with that as well.

Let us know here or in the 'help each other out' thread and we can keep you going in the right direction.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 PM

Thanks Ralph. Have been flying the 600b for 4 yrs. It is 200-0012. Just did the 430w connection for gps source. Already ran the faa report. All is good. What else must i do? Kevin
Old 07-20-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin O View Post
Thanks Ralph. Have been flying the 600b for 4 yrs. It is 200-0012. Just did the 430w connection for gps source. Already ran the faa report. All is good. What else must i do? Kevin
At this point in time, just be patient. The folks are doing whatever that they can do to fast track the Global AMOC as fast as they can. As with all governmental organizations, there is always something unexpected that can throw a monkey wrench into the works.

At this point in time, if you have a 480, 4XX, 5XX, 6XX, or 7XX, I would just wait for the Global AMOC. The individual AMOC most likely won't be any faster. They'll take about the same amount of time. I'm hoping that there will be a more information we can share publically next week. Ralph and I are being spoon fed information from the FAA. Once this new agreement with a well known interest group is in place, things will be made public and will proceed very quickly.

If you don't have one of the Garmin GPS units listed above and are using a certified GPS unit or the new upgrade from NavWorx, I highly recommend going through the individual AMOC route. Typically they are supposed to go through your local FSDO first. There may be a very small window in which we can fast track it directly through the DFW ACO.

I will be at OSH Saturday though Thursday morning, camping in HBC. If you want to meet, please send me an email. PMs will most likely be read after OSH.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Default New SB's posted on their website

I have downloaded the SB's - no software yet....