What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon 180 removal

FNG

I?m trying to remove my Dynon 180 from the instrument panel to access behind it.

When I turn the Alan screw at the bottom left, only the left side of the dynon seems to move away from the panel. Is this normal?

I didn?t build the aircraft, but it seems the right side will not release with pressure from behind.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
2019 paid

That?s the only screw to remove it. You?ll probably just have to reach your hand up under the panel so that you can wiggle it a little bit...but it should come right out.

There is an Aluminum box that remains after you remove the 180, so to gain access behind it will require removal of the box also. (in case you did not know)

That’s the only screw to remove it. You’ll probably just have to reach your hand up under the panel so that you can wiggle it a little bit...but it should come right out.

Actually there is another screw at the very back of the of the tray that secures the 180 as well. He will need to go behind the panel/tray for access.

I did not build my plane and I found out the hard way when I broke the bezel.

To mount the FlightDEK-D180, you must make a rectangular cutout in your panel. Ensure that
the dimensions of the cutout are: 6.780” wide and 4.750” tall. Place the D100-series mounting
tray behind the cutout. Secure it to your panel in whatever way you desire. Riveting it to the
panel is ideal, but drilling holes for mounting screws and nuts will work as well. You may cut off
2 horizontal or vertical tabs from the mounting tray to minimize the space taken up behind the
panel. Upon securing the mounting rack to the back of your panel, slide the FlightDEK-D180
into it. Use the included 7/64” Allen wrench to secure the mounting screw (at the bottom left of
the front bezel) into mounting rack. At your discretion, you can also screw a #6-32 screw into the
back of the mounting rack on the opposite side. This screw should penetrate into the instrument
no further than ¼”

Last edited:
Back