What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cable terminal crimpers

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
any recommendations for a battery cable terminal crimper that works good for you?
i see a lot on ebay under $40. any good?

I just purchased and used a set (like the HF version) from Amazon for $40. They worked great.

I had done all my battery cables, but when I found the Harbor Freight crimper, I tossed all my cables and did them right! Highly recommended tool!

thanks for the advice. next time in wausau i will hit hf along with fleet farm of course!

I was not happy with the HF offering. It did not have a die large enough for the battery cable. Take a terminal and piece of wire with you and try it in the parking lot. It sounds like HF is a trip into town. This will save a return trip if needed.

Terminal Tool

Hello all. Been a while since I posted on VAF. There's still interest in the tool, but I've taken it off market due to dwindling margins.

Anybody who owns a TT5000 will still find support for the tool directly from me at the Terminal Tool website. I do hold back parts for warranty claims and spares. A full TT set at this time isn't available but by this summer I will be able to get maybe 30 more tool sets made from the last production run from the foundry (which has now shut down). That will permanently end production on the current model.

Manufacturing, selling and marketing the TT has been interesting and fun for sure. I've learned much from my customers, and have a new TT under development that still incorporates the patented swaging geometry, but vastly improves the product in terms of cost and working envelope. No definite time frame on the new tool...

I built my own from an old nut that was just a whisker smaller than the terminal OD. Cut it in two along the threads, put the cable into the terminal, then half a nut each side and squeezed it in the vice. Been running for over two years, no problems.
About the same standard of workmanship as using a bit of copper pipe squeezed up and drilled as proposed by an EAA video. A method I have used on my tractor, but it has come apart after about ten years of heat and vibration.

Back