What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Waterless Hand Cleaning

Capflyer

Well Known Member
Thank you those of you that placed orders on my inaugural week advertising here on VAF. In my real daytime job I sell safety and cleaning products and hope to be a resource to answer questions here if you need help.

I wanted to bring up a common issue that we have all faced at the hangar and a solution. Hand Cleaning. We've all been there, had our hands get dirty then fumble around at our sinkless hangars trying to get our hands clean. Here's a really neat solution that will fix the problem, waterless hand wipes. Not the kind you use to clean up your kids hands and face after they made a mess in the car from their Happy Meal but a commercial grade heavy duty towel that will take the dirt and grease off your hands while leaving them smelling fresh and soft.

Check them out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzH1f77v0sM

Get a case and split them up with your hangar neighbors or hord them for yourself. I am offering an introductory 5% discount for VAF. Use the discount code VAF1939 in the check-out area. Feel free to give that out to anyone as well. http://www.isupplyw.com/Products/Waterless-Hand-Wipes--Cloth--10-12-x-12-14__KCC91371.aspx

Just what I need

Going to be ordering a case, just what I need for my business. My hands get so grimy I don't want to turn on the sink. Thanks for the reccomendation.

I find that these things work great. I keep them in the hanger, home, airplane , and in the cars also. Really good removing grease, oil and dirt from the hands. Hard on the skin though so I usually give a quick rinse with water from my water bottle afterwards. Around $12 a case from Costco.
350-691270-847__1.jpg

I like to coat my hands with soap, just slightly moist and well rubbed in before I start a greasy job. Washes off easily with normal soap and water. Only downside is that it can leave soapy fingermarks.

Gloves

Two words, nitrile gloves.
If your hands are wet, fill a container or water bottle with starch. Shake it in your hands and the gloves slip right on. If the glove has a hole, the starch absorbs the oil. When you finish, one wipe cleans up.

Here's a trick.

For those hopelessly greasy hands, use margerine. Rub your hands together for about five minutes, then wash normally. Safe, always available and environmentally friendly.

Also, if you have a dog, a good follow-up licking can be arranged.

Good suggestiions guys. I learn things new everyday like using margarine, Yum. On the gloves the powdered exam gloves already have cornstarch in them. Problem is they get slimmy and uncomfortable when your hands sweat. The Kirkland wipes are good but delicate, small and certainly not industrial grade. Margarine, ouch. Need a sink to wash your hands after that or at the very least your hands will be delicious. Pre-soaping and even hand creams work ok but then you don't have dexterity with small parts and they can leave finger prints plus soap will need water to rinse off.

Personally I like to wear the newer style work gloves with knit backs and nitrile palms. They give you excellent tactile feel and dexterity of an exam glove plus your hands will not sweat. They are exremely comfortable for long periods of time. The only times I wear nitrile exam gloves are for painting and fiberglass work. In the end though, I love to wipe my hands clean with the hand wipes after doing any work as I often don't wear gloves at all. They are refreshing on top of cleansing.

Last edited:
Plus one

on the nitrile/mesh gloves. Ugly as a bowling shoe, but functional, very durable, cheap.

The wipes sound more appealing than my usual GoJo and a dry paper towel.

-Stormy

I find that these things work great. I keep them in the hanger, home, airplane , and in the cars also. Really good removing grease, oil and dirt from the hands. Hard on the skin though so I usually give a quick rinse with water from my water bottle afterwards. Around $12 a case from Costco.
350-691270-847__1.jpg

Costco item no. 691270. $11.69 or .038 per wipe. 8.2" x 9.8". 304 wipes
At Huntsville Costco on 6/12/15

Back