What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV-9A site shut down.

vlittle

Well Known Member
Unfortunately, I have shut down my RV-9A builder's site. I sold the airplane a few years ago, but I wanted to keep the site going for a while. I've posted a few notices warning of this shutdown in the last couple of years.

Now, I have closed it down to concentrate on newer stuff and make room for my expanding email archives.

This will affect many of the historical postings on VAF, however, I still have an image of the site that I will keep for emergencies. I'm sorry that some of the tribal culture will be lost.

Vern, wishing you many happy returns on whatever the future has in store for you!

Kindest regards always,
Doug and Susie and Audrey and Tate

Vern thank you for the website. I was using it extensively during my build it was a lot of help. It's very nice of you giving the notice. Thank you Sir!

Vern, wishing you many happy returns on whatever the future has in store for you!

Kindest regards always,
Doug and Susie and Audrey and Tate

I'm not disappearing, just my web site. It was one of the first in existence for the RV-9A circa 2004. I spent well over $1000 in keeping the site running and now its time to turn off the switch.

Last edited:
I certainly appreciate the effort, I know many other do as well - I found the site invaluable during my build.

Yes, the wayback machine has archives, but VAF photo links are now dead. As an aside, I haven't updated my Harmon Rocket site since I upgraded to Windows 7, thus rendering my web authoring tool obsolete. Hence, it has been orphaned, but still exists in it's incomplete state.

I am gradually moving to just keeping an archive of 'how to' or reference material that I can link to, such as http://www.vx-aviation.com/sprocket/photos/panel_elec/schematics/.

With all this new found server room, it's time to start a new project.... Hint, the wing will be on the top....

Last edited:

With all this new found server room, it's time to start a new project.... Hint, the wing will be on the top....

Hmmm.... well, lots of us Bearhawk builders/owners are either previous or current RV guys.....

Close? :D

No, he's just trying to lead you astray... Maybe the "wing" will actually be a rotor for a gyrocopter...

Back