What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What upgrades did you install during your build?

Davea320

Well Known Member
I?ve been using several great build blogs during construction and have made note of a few upgrades that some builders performed during the construction of their aircraft. Here are some I?ve identified as possible ones for me, but would like to know if there are any more out there that other RVers would recommend before I get too far in the build

Andair fuel selector valve
Berlinger brake lines
JDair fuel vents and tail wheel
B&C alternator
What else?......

Dave

Throttle quadrant instead of pull/pull controls: Takes up less room and I just like levers better.

Hinged rear baggage upper bulkhead opens up to an enclosed storage space and also mounted my ELT in there.

Bigger tires.

Removable instrument panels for easier maintenance.

Cessna style oil dipstick door glassed into the bottom cowl for access to a battery charge port and jumper cable Receptical.

Small aluminum tabs riveted to the inside of each fuel tank outboard end to be used as a reference for how much fuel is onboard. I think they are 1/2 way up the tank and end up indicating 16gal which is where the float gauge indicates full but it will take another 5 gal to fill it right up. I love this idea I got from someone else.

Bevan

Skybolt cowl fasteners

Self locking pins on slider canopy to allow quick removal

Sikaflex canopy fitting

"Double" instrument panel (fit one, cut windows in it and then plate nut another onto it in sections for easier access

Aileron push tube seals (stop drafts)

Back