What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weird PM message / Microair question

rv8bldr

Well Known Member
Someone with the username of "jawley" sent me a PM asking about where I had work done on my Micoair transponder. When I tried to submit a reply, it said that username was not found. So, how were they able to send the PM?

Anyway, in hopes that this person sees this post, here is their question and my response:

jawley said:
Hi, do you remember which repair shop you sent your MicroAir to?

If you are talking my transponder, it was to a shop in Erie, Pennsylvania (Erie, Aviation?). Recently I thought I needed more work done (turns out it was a bad antenna cable), and Brant Aero in Brantford, ON was suggested.

However, after talking to the Brant Aero guy, it appears that Microair don't authorize any transponder work except through themselves in Australia. You would have to contact them, but apparently they are REALLY busy and told me it would be several weeks before my unit could be fixed (thankfully, it wasn't required).

Sorry for not being much help :)

if anybody is looking for a spare or replacement, i have one sitting on my desk that came out for a dynon upgrade.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back