What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing walk and tank baffle c/s

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
In the 14 we countersink the wing skin for the wing walk. Has anybody done that on the 8? It looks really good and is very flat.

And on the tank baffle it says in the 14 plans to not sink every tenth hole presumably to maintain register for the baffle position until it is well set. I?m planning to replicate that on my 8. Anyone do that before on their 8?

I?ve found that the 14 plans have tons of tips that are useful in the 8. The way the 14 plans call out the spar screw countersink dimensions is one example.

In the 14 we countersink the wing skin for the wing walk. Has anybody done that on the 8? It looks really good and is very flat.

And on the tank baffle it says in the 14 plans to not sink every tenth hole presumably to maintain register for the baffle position until it is well set. I?m planning to replicate that on my 8. Anyone do that before on their 8?

I?ve found that the 14 plans have tons of tips that are useful in the 8. The way the 14 plans call out the spar screw countersink dimensions is one example.

I did not like the countersink instructions on the 14 wing walk - I used tank dimple dies for the wing walk doubler and ribs, and normal dimple dies for the wing skin.

I did skip a few hole on the tank skin like the 14, and recommend that on any 8.

Carl

Back