What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon DRX on Avare

MWH265

Well Known Member
I just bought a Dynon DRX ADSB receiver. I am having trouble with it showing aircraft on Avare. When I first connected it, it showed aircraft for about 30 seconds, then they disappeared. Did the same thing when I tried it on my phone with Avare. I borrowed an iPad with foreflight and it seems to work fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

Make sure power saving modes are turned off on the Android. That's the recent, easy to coreect change for SOME with Avare ADSB-in issues.

Android OS seems to hate wifi more and more. Ask Dynon if the wifi is "ad hoc". If yes, your results may be spotty with any recent Android device.

Bluetooth-based DualAv seems to work very well with iOS and Android.

Just learned this "ad hoc wifi" lesson with Skyradar- perfect on my GRT, perfect with wifi to some iOS apps, horrid with Android wifi apps.

Avare has a forum and they have a half dozen active and helpful gurus.

Last edited:
I am running the iFly app on an android tablet and have zero issues with the ADSB in via wifi. I haven't changed any settings on the tablet. Maybe an issure with that App.

Back