What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vacuum Pump Removal

PGLong

I'm removing my vacuum system because I installed a Tru Trak ADI Pilot II. After struggling with the lower left nut, I finally got the vacuum pump off. Then, I just installed a cap and gasket in its place but I'm wondering if I should also remove the adapter and the vacuum pump driven gear and then put the cap on. What is the correct way to do this?

Pat Long
[email protected]
N120PL
RV4
Bay City, Michigan
3CM

Either way is acceptable as far as the engine is concerned.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk.?

Went thru the same thing a couple months ago. Although it's okay to leave the drive gear in, I was advised to take it out by a VERY reputable IA in my area.

Parts source?

I'm going to be doing this in a few weeks. Where's the best place to get the cap and gasket?

Thanks.

Vacuum Pump cover plate

I would recommend ECI if you want a NEW part. There are several sources but you'll pay over twice as much if you order the cover from Lycoming. If you don't have a part number, I could get if from the parts manual when I get home this evening.
I think if you go to ECI's website, their catalog is online.
Seems like the cover plate was $23 when I bought mine. I already had a new gasket so I'm not sure what they charge for one.

Vacuum Pump Cover

Just did a search and found my original post from when I was pulling my vacuum pump off. See below:

"ECI sells it for $26 & change, p/n AEL60430"

Good luck,

Back