What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tampa Area Hangars

ColoRv

Well Known Member
It's looking pretty likely that we are moving from Denver to Tampa this summer. What is the hangar situation looking like in the area? We are looking at several houses but will likely end up on the north side somewhere between Trinity and Wesley Chapel. Are there any empty hangars out there?

I am at KVDF, several RV's in the area, not bad on price, you could also look at Tampa North. Good luck.

Matt

If you move to Wesley chapel, Tampa north, X39, may have some available, but most are leased from a private party.

You may also want to check out Brooksville. KBKV.
They are more reasonably priced than Tampa or St Pete.
I was paying $280/month including tax. They are also building new ones that will be ready this summer.

Tampa or St Pete, if you can find them, will cost you $440-555.

PM if you want to discuss it

Last edited:
In Zephyrhills.
Cheap fuel (2.95 gal today)
Hanger $272 with tax.

I'm also at ZPH. A good number of RV's both flying and under construction - very active airport community it seems. I live in Clearwater but can't bring myself to pay twice as much for a hangar, even if I ever did get off the waiting list at CLW.

Chris

I'm also at ZPH. A good number of RV's both flying and under construction - very active airport community it seems. I live in Clearwater but can't bring myself to pay twice as much for a hangar, even if I ever did get off the waiting list at CLW.

Chris

Yes, I had to swallow hard moving to CLW with the $422/month.
But, it has a great community feel about it. There are 5 RVs in our 10 hangar row.
Ron has put a new sign out "RV Alley".

It's really nice being so close to the airport. I find myself flying much more than when I had to commute 1.5 hours to my old hangar at BKV.

Last edited:
Bill,

I just noticed you're based at Front Range, FTG.

Scott Mills, based at FTG, was based here at BKV. He can give you a lot of feedback on the area.

Yes, I had to swallow hard moving to CLW with the $422/month.
But, it has a great community feel about it. There are 5 RVs in our 10 hangar row.
Ron has put a new sign out "RV Alley".

It's really nice being so close to the airport. I find myself flying much more than when I had to commute 1.5 hours to my old hangar at BKV.

For some reason I had thought it was a bit more $ than that. If I ever get off the list I may consider it, after my phase 1 is flown off. By the time I pay for gas back and forth it may work out. Thanks!

Chris

$422 is for the "tear down in the next couple of years" hangar. The better ones are $512. Ouch!

Bruce, you're killing me.
I hope I get a few more years than that before I have to upgrade at the higher rate.
I love my hangar & the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Z-hills. Building 12 unit 1....rented it today. Met a 9a guy whose life is about to change for the better. Congrats on the pink slip!

See you guys in a couple months.

Welcome to the area, I am just up the road at KVDF, sounds like you met Chris, I know he was getting close.

Z-hills. Building 12 unit 1....rented it today. Met a 9a guy whose life is about to change for the better. Congrats on the pink slip!

Thanks and welcome! Although I'm not sure I want an award winner here making my plane look even worse ;). Looking forward to some fly-outs this summer

Chris - freshly pink slipped thanks to Vic!

I'll be sure to check to see if your hangar door is open when I stop in to top off my tanks.

Welcome to Florida.

Thanks and welcome! Although I'm not sure I want an award winner here making my plane look even worse ;). Looking forward to some fly-outs this summer

Chris - freshly pink slipped thanks to Vic!

Congratulations!
Let us know when you're ready to do your 1st flight.
I will run chase if you'd like, or as I expect, many of the ZPH boys will chime in.

You're gonna love it!

Back