What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cold air sump

BruceMe

Well Known Member
I'm overhauling my IO-320 and I'm replacing my cowl with a James Cowl. I have the opportunity to swap out the sump for cold induction and front facing. There are several to chose from. I'd like to hear what others have used and been happy with.

Thanks! :)

Wish it was a 360; I've got a 360 (A1G6, IIRC) rear facing that's been professionally converted to forward facing, that I'll never use. The intake tubes are slightly larger than 320 tubes, and (again, IIRC) would need small spacers due to the smaller diameter heads on the 320. I've been told that it should fit the 320 with the spacers. This is not the C-series with aft-positioned tubes; the tubes are in the same location in the sump as a vertical induction sump. (C-series won't fit most RV's.)

Charlie

Hi Bruce: I installed the Superior Cold Air sump on my O-320. I have the James Cowl with a four inch prop extension. I have the EFII fuel injection system and used the James air filter housing and a cone shaped air filter.

I?m really pleased with the whole package and it is performing very well.

One challenge I did have is fabricating an alternate air source between the filter and the throttle body. I machined a sleeve within a sleeve that had openings that open up when the outer sleeve is rotated by way of push/pull cable.

This system has worked very well so far.

Be glad to answer any other questions you may have, Terry

Back