What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman 4 into 4 exhaust

Coling955

I'm running a Vetterman 4 into 4 exhaust on my 7's XP IO-360. I get quite high CHTs because I think the four pipes fill up too much space in the cowl's exit. Anyone out there run the same system?

I've got the 4-pipe and I've thought the same thing. Although I can't say for sure that's the issue because there's probably more work I can do to seal up the baffles.

I'm usually bouncing off 380 or so, and on hot days my climb is limited to 110mph.

I'm running a Vetterman 4 into 4 exhaust on my 7's XP IO-360. I get quite high CHTs because I think the four pipes fill up too much space in the cowl's exit. Anyone out there run the same system?

Have you always run the 4 pipe on this airplane? There's a member here who switched from the Vet crossover to the 4 pipe and saw no change in CHT. Perhaps he'll chime in, but I suspect the "blocked exit" is a bit of an OWT.

It is not the lack of exit space.

I have 2.2 hours on the same setup and now the hottest cylinder is number two at 374 degrees.

I would look at high pressure area leakage. They might even make a pill for that now!

;). CJ

What should be better Raven, Vetterman trombone , Vetterman crossover or Vetterman 4 into 4 exhaust ?

I'm very lost here...:(

Back