What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

11-2 Detail C questions

RandyAB

Well Known Member
What is 5702-95-30 pointing to both sides of the inside gap referring to?

Also, I'm measuring about .06" on one side and .03" on the other which basically translates into one regular thickness washer and one thin washer to close the gap. Any tricks on getting the washer into such a tight space? Glue with cyanoacrylate to the side of a thin scap of sheet metal and use that to place the washers?

I answered my first question somewhat. I see that it refers to washers that are 1/4" ID and 3/4" OD. I'll have to check their thickness to see if there is enough room in the small gap on both sides.

The 5702-95-30 is referring to an AN4 ID washer with a 0.753 OD that Van's provides with the kit using that part number. There is one placed on each side, with additional AN960-416 AND/OR AN960-416L washers added to fill in the remaining gap.

As I recall, getting these in was difficult but I didn't have the washer wrench set at the time. I've since bought one and it does help a bunch. At the time, I took a very fine thread and passed it through the 5702-95-30 and the AN960-416, tied it to the washers, and used the thread to lower and maneuver the washers into the space with one hand while slowly pushing the bolt through with the other once the washers were in place. A very frustrating but eventually successful process.

You can use the above method for now, but buy a set of the washer wrenches for the future difficult installations - You'll be glad you did!

Another technique is to use fuel lube or its current iteration to stick the washers in place.

Back