What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Landoll Harmonic Dampener

We recently put a 3-blade Catto prop on a friend's RV-4 that previously had 2-blade wood prop. The setup includes a Landoll harmonic dampener installed in 1989. I understand that the dampener has a fluid or gel inside. My question is whether or not this fluid/gel "sets up" over time. That is, will it still flow as it did so many years ago and adjust to the different prop?

Thanks -

Mark
RV-8 - Wiring

We recently put a 3-blade Catto prop on a friend's RV-4 that previously had 2-blade wood prop. The setup includes a Landoll harmonic dampener installed in 1989. I understand that the dampener has a fluid or gel inside. My question is whether or not this fluid/gel "sets up" over time. That is, will it still flow as it did so many years ago and adjust to the different prop?

Thanks -

Mark
RV-8 - Wiring
This is info straight from the man himself. I just talked with Mark today. The gel is the same silicone gel used in, well, implants. Yeah, those kind of implants. He said it should not solidify over time. At least he knows of none that ever have.

This is info straight from the man himself. I just talked with Mark today. The gel is the same silicone gel used in, well, implants. Yeah, those kind of implants. He said it should not solidify over time. At least he knows of none that ever have.

Thank you Steve! Very much appreciate the information and the bit of trivia!

I installed a Landoll harmonic balancer on my O-360 RV6 with a Prince P-tip prop. Gave me 15 years of smooth flying, no problems and added a few pounds of much needed weight up front. Nice product.

Back