What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO 320

Jhill681

I'm New Here
I would like to speak with anyone who has put a IO 320 on their 7. I am thinking of going with a 320 instead of a 360 and would like to hear how someone who owns one with that set up. Thank you

There is an 8 with an IO-320 at our field. OK, has a 4 into 1 exhaust, and has been looked over.

Brilliant !

Flies well, lighter, more fuel economic, etc etc.

I have an IO-320 in my 6A. Your welcome to call me to discuss (PM me).

I am happy with this setup. I have a Catto FP and I get good climb rates (1400 TO and 1000 FPM at 140 MPH in extended climb. I cruise at 185 - 190 MPH.

I got a good deal on a core and did the rebuild myself. I invested only $7K or so for a 0 SMOH engine (first O/H on engine). I probably would have done a 360 if I was buying new just for having the extra power available. The only time the I regret having the 320 is when loaded to gross and it's 95* OAT, but that is only during climb.

Larry

IO-320 in RV-8

I have an IO-320D2A with 2 blade Catto on my RV-8. AFP FM-100, mags and Vans exhaust. Excellent performance, light on the controls, simple, light weight and efficient.

I have been flying my 7 since 2004 with a 320 and cs prop. feel free to give me a call if you want to talk, or if your up in Morris IL(C09) I could show you how it performs. 8one5-2one0-5840

I have an IO-320 D2A with Millenium cylinders and Catto 3 blade; and I'm fully happy with the performance. It does everything I wanted it to, uses less fuel than I expected, and is astoundingly stingy on oil ... one qt per 31hrs. Contact me anytime by PM.

Back