What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shop recommendations

aviationone

Well Known Member
I made it back from Oshkosh last night and it's time to start getting ready to have the RV8 painted. Does any one have a recommendation for a paint shop located in the Pacific NW and what are they going for?

Just had my Cherokee painted at Cascadia Aviation in Arlington WA. $6500 for a strip and paint. You can PM me if you'd like details.

Glo Custom in North Fort Worth has done countless numbers of RV aircraft. They do a great job and are very experienced in taking an RV apart and putting it back together correctly.

Call Grady Oneal at 8174302078

Grady

Highly recommend Grady at Glo. Flying to Ft. Worth can't be more challenging than the trip to OSH.

There's a number of us here the PNW that have gone to Grady's, and the price difference was enough to pay for the trip down and back.

If crossing the border to the north is an option, Dave Christensen (I think I have that spelled right) at Langley, BC, has done an excellent job on at least half a dozen RV's in the area. Single colours in the $8-10K CDN range IIRC.

Paint needed

If crossing the border to the north is an option, Dave Christensen (I think I have that spelled right) at Langley, BC, has done an excellent job on at least half a dozen RV's in the area. Single colours in the $8-10K CDN range IIRC.

I will look into going North, I have two calls (left messages) at Glo Customs. I will also open up the paint shop range to the rest of the US if anyone else has suggestions.

Grady did mine...

I just returned from Texas last week. Grady did a great job. I liked the fact that he knows how to put an RV back together. I also like the fact that his estimate was very close to the final price. No surprises. Can't endorse him more.

The flight from Seattle to Texas was an adventure also. It was my longest cross-country by far. It took me two weekends to get her back, due to weather.

Michael-

Thanks for the reply's

Thanks for the reply's, Ill be headed to TX for my paint job. I got with Grady at GLO Custom.

I will look into going North, I have two calls (left messages) at Glo Customs. I will also open up the paint shop range to the rest of the US if anyone else has suggestions.

Any good hints on how to contact the folks at Glo Custom?

I got a return message suggesting to call at 7:30 am, but being two time zones away makes that difficult...:rolleyes:

Any good hints on how to contact the folks at Glo Custom?

I got a return message suggesting to call at 7:30 am, but being two time zones away makes that difficult...:rolleyes:

The email/contact on their web site worked good for me, They are also good if you leave a message they will call you back.

Back