What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trouble landing your 3, me too.

That is awesome!! I knew there was a lot of talent down there at Chapter 14, but didn't realize this is one of them. Great humor too.

They could have written that about me trying to land Plane Mantis for the first time.

If you're still having trouble just wheel land it. That's what I did with my -3 after the first few ugly ones and I never looked back. Could be that your CG is too near the edge of the envelope - as in my case. Mine was too far forward.

Wonderful!

Man, that was great! Thanks so much!

And if you'd be kind enough to send me the lyrics, that would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks again,

Dave
RV-3B, now working on the fuselage

Ha, love the song!! The bass man is a nice touch.
My RV-3 likes a slightly tail-wheel-low, wheel landing. I gotta remind myself to not be able to see the runway over the nose, then pin it (gently) once my mains are down.

"...did he ever land? noooo he did never land" "He's the man that never did land"

+1 for sending the lyrics. Some of us have "airplane ears" from learning to fly before any headsets, much less ANR, and intercom... my instructor got hoarse from yelling at me. I ended up like a lot of us- driving people nuts saying huh?

Back