What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front to rear spar spacing

Rdwrv4

Well Known Member
OK I have heard this number may vary on QB wings. but what is it?? on Vans drawgs #21 and #24 it is clearly marked 24 15/16 and I believe this to be from the rear edge opening of the front spar carry through bulkhead to the backside (aft side) of the rear spar bulkhead. measuring a nicely built 3A I measure maybe .032 less (24 29/32)than this and could be another .032 closer for a more perfect fit. I am placing my seat ribs now and would like to hear what yours was. I am intending to build the wings myself so I have flexibility but would like to know QB's could fit. love to hear from you thx

My wings aren't here at the shop now, so I measured the fixtures I'd build instead. Please note that I only measured the bigger fixtures, not the small fork extension shown in one of the photos in this posting on my blog, here on VAF.

The right one measures 24.60 inches and the left measures 24.61 inches.

You can also see them here. This is what I made them for. The photos in this posting show them in use.

These are slow-build wings.

Dave

Last edited:
RV-3A Spar Measurement

From the rear edge opening of the front spar carry through bulkhead to the backside (aft side) of the rear spar measures 24 15/16 on my fuselage. I did not build the wings.

Back