What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

engine mount question

Rdwrv4

Well Known Member
Hope someone could answer this question, early dynafocal mounts used smaller rubbers and did not use a washer between the engine boss and the Lord mount. The larger Lord mounts require an 1/8" washer between the engine boss and and the rubber mount to clear a small unmachined area. my question is ,do they build the mounts with a bit of "down thrust" to account for this or are all dynafocal rings parallel to the firewall. The extra 1/8" results in upthrust 1?
thx Robin

my question is ,do they build the mounts with a bit of "down thrust" to account for this or are all dynafocal rings parallel to the firewall. The extra 1/8" results in upthrust 1?
thx Robin

I just got done (Thursday) repairing an RV-6 engine mount. While truing the mount, the welder commented that there's some down angle. Now this is common for a few reasons, it counteracts pitch changes from power changes, and that washer may be another... It's also common to point the engine a degree or three to the right for p-factor and spiral slip stream. But he didn't mention that.

hope this helps.

Back