What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA shuts off e-STMp the 3 days it's needed most

Tim Lewis

Well Known Member
https://www.fly.faa.gov/estmp/index.html is the web page used to get an IFR slot reservation, which is required to file IFR to OSH during Airventure. Slot reservations can be requested 3 days prior to the date of arrival, and must be confirmed by the pilot 12-24 hours prior to the expected arrival time.

Here's what our brilliant FAA have posted on the e-STMP web site:
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Due to planned system upgrades, this application will be out of service starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT (0401Z) on Friday, July 23, 2010. It is expected to return to service by no later than 5:00 a.m. EDT (0900Z) on Monday, July 26, 2010.

Words fail me.

The FAA is living up to their standards!

I just sent an email to the Webmaster's address posted at the bottom of the E-STMP website stating my displeasure of the timing of the scheduled upgrade. I then immediately received an email stating DELIVERY FAILURE: User WebMasterATCSCC ([email protected]) not listed in Domino Directory.

How's that for service? It keeps getting better!

Someone Came to Their Senses

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
During the planned system upgrades on Friday, July 23, 2010, through Monday, July 26, 2010, the
e-STMP application will remain in service.

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
During the planned system upgrades on Friday, July 23, 2010, through Monday, July 26, 2010, the

:). One can guess who in our household is responsible for flying our arrival this year :).

this is at the top of the page!!!!!!!!!

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

good news for the few cloud flyers.

Back