What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bad oil pressure gauge or transducer?

DickG

My oil pressure reading have bee irregular. They have been reading 90psi on startup in cold weather and then go down to 85 with a warm engine. A couple of days ago. The reading was only 50 psi on startup and then went to 65 psi with power. That's unually low for my engine. Today after finishing the condition inspection, the oil pressure gauge read 15 psi without the engine running. After disconnecting it from the transducer it still read 15 psi.

I'm assuming the oil pressure gauge is defective. How reliable are the transducers? Could a bad transducer have caused the gauge to become defective?

My mechanic is recommending buying the transducer and gauge.

Any opinions? Thank you

Since the Van's gauges were cheap, I bought both, when mine failed. In my case, it could have been a case of a self inflicted short..........which wiped out a few other gauges too.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

I'm having the same issue with the Vans gauge after 2 hours. 2 of my friends have also experienced it and changed to the UMA mechanical gauge (because it looks almost identical)and had no more fluctuations. I'll be changing to the mechanical.
Mike

Back