VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Updated Flight Testing

Does anyone know of Van's plans for a new series of flight testing?

Revisions were made from the original POC and I expect they will be repeating some of the tests previously performed. It would be nice to see updated stall speeds, spin recovery, V-speeds, etc.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM

Default re: updated flight testing

Rob:

I spoke briefly with Ken at Sun N Fun regarding this topic. At the time of Sun N Fun, they had about 9 hours of time on the kit prototype. While he did not provide any specific numbers, they had enough to be certain the kit met all of the LSA parameters with the new wing. He indicated that they had not yet performed spin testing though and that was one of the reasons they released the wing kit first instead of the empennage/tailcone (in case they needed to make changes in tail surface sizes). It sounded like they were planning on spin testing soon after their return from Sun N Fun. I will say that he sounded pretty confident on the spin testing topic given the results with the first prototype.

My guess is they are awaiting completion of spin testing and some additional flight testing before they release any of the specific numbers.

http://www.mykitlog.com/jemmick
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM

The weather in Oregon has been pretty bad. I doubt they have put much time one her at all since returning from Sun 'n Fun...

--Bill