What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FREE TO GOOD HOME! Wing Tips......

DJP

Well Known Member
I decided to put new AeroSun VX landing lights on my RV-10. I had recently had a new panel built and installed which took four months to complete so I did not want to be without the aircraft while I worked on installing the landing lights. I left the old wing tips on and purchased new ones from Vans. The fiberglass when pretty fast but fitting the new wing tips to the airplane and installing 44 nutplates on each tip took longer than I thought. Anyway, the job is completed now and the new tips are on the aircraft. I hate to just throw the old ones in the dumpster at the airport so that is why I am offering them to anyone that is interested. The new tips were just over $600 and the shipping was $72 so I think that the only way to make this financially viable would be for someone in California that could come and pick them up, the freight is a killer. Right now they have Duck Works HID lights installed which are exactly the same size as the stock Vans landing lights. I plan to remove these lights and sell them for $75 if anyone is interested. The wing tips had Wheelen strobe/nav lights installed but I moved them to the new tips. The link below has two pictures of the old wing tips and one of the new tip installed on the aircraft. If anyone is interested, drop me a line.

https://pix.sfly.com/KtriU8

donaldjp at pacbell.net

Good question

That is why I suggested that it would be better from someone on the west coast. It was $72 for Vans to ship them to me from Oregon to N. Calif, I can only imagine that it would be very expensive to send them all the way to GA.

I have a friend who can pick up in Santa Rosa

If these are still available, I would like them. Also, I would purchase the installed lights for $75.

Text me at 303-four seven five-9557.

Thanks,

Mark

How much is Van's charging for wing tips? I'm thinking of going to Ziptips, not sure how much Van's will credit if I delete wing tips from my kit.

I have been unable to contact anyone at Aveo for the ZipTips. Is there a contact email or phone number that WORKS?

How much is Van's charging for wing tips? I'm thinking of going to Ziptips, not sure how much Van's will credit if I delete wing tips from my kit.

I did that - the ziptips will cost an order of magnitude more than you'll get a discount for :) May be outdated, but I got my wing kit in 2015 and they discounted $300 for deleting both wing tips. Paid about $3k for the Ziptips.

Aveo is coming out with version 3 of their ZipTip Premiere wingtips. They're super bright at 175,000 Candela combined for the landing lights and the rear recognition lights are standard.

The price is still $2,999 for the set and can be ordered through Damien in Florida:

Damien Esmond-Logistics
Aveo Engineering
4863 NW Palm Coast Pkwy Suite 5
Palm Coast, FL 32137
(631) 935-8483 cell
(386) 225-4779 office
Aveodamien -skype
[email protected]

I did that - the ziptips will cost an order of magnitude more than you'll get a discount for :) May be outdated, but I got my wing kit in 2015 and they discounted $300 for deleting both wing tips. Paid about $3k for the Ziptips.

Unfortunately.... I like the way it looks :) Looks more polished imo then the stock setup.

I'm installing the zip-tips on my -7 build. When you factor in the cost of your lighting along with the credit you get when you delete the wingtips from your order, the premium that you?re paying for the zip-tips narrows down quite a bit. When all said and done, you're paying about 1/4-1/3 more for the zip-tips.

Mark

Aveo is coming out with version 3 of their ZipTip Premiere wingtips. They're super bright at 175,000 Candela combined for the landing lights and the rear recognition lights are standard.

How much brighter than the old ones is that?
The rear lights were already standard when I got mine, so I assume I have v2.

Back