What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

been there, done that, what is next?

turbo

Well Known Member
i finally passed the 5,000 hour mark on my trip yesterday from FL to CT. it was a great flying day of mostly vfr wx and some ifr challenges in the NY-CT area but my old faithfull rv did it again and again and again. thought i would catch the hobbs turning over and get a screen shot or note where i was but it didn't happen. landed about 4 tenths later at mount olive NC, w40, rnav 05 coupled ap synthetic vision in severe clear conditions. squeeked it on as usual, rolled to mid field and turned off. topped off with 31 gallons and continued as usual. glad you are all here to share the moment. :) be safe out there and enjoy those blue skys and wet clouds.
see you guys tomorrow at jafrey nh for lunch.
P1020279.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Last edited:
What next

RTW..... Canadian and Alaska tour

5000 hrs, impressive.

One day I would like to hop down into South America and do a Brazil tour.

What?s next?

What?s next? Have you ever flown out west? Come visit Las Vegas, flat the Canyons in Utah, lots of cool stuff out here!

GOOD JOB TURBO!

happy to see you made the trip successfully again and that you reached such an amazing milestone.

Congrats Eddie

Hey Turbo........great milestone (not to mention your Hobbs now matches your age! Ha) :rolleyes:

Just hit 20,000 hours......

However - 18,000 were reading the newspaper, sipping tea and watching the world go by !

Way to go Turbo - great achievement :D

Diversify...... Try a Kitfox ;)

thanks for all the comments..........

Taltruda,would definitely like to do a flight tour of the NW. never been.......

Vlad, you can catch on me any time........

smiling jack, yes the ice-cream cones are still as big as ever.......

skyking bob, you know, now i am affectionally know as team medicare. thanks for reminding me..........

mike newall, that a lot of time man, by the way, are you from bloody england?........

TURBO69bird, you still amaze me on what you are capable of. keep up the good work. see you soon............

what things look like in CT. now this is economy of space. notice the modified back hangar wall.
IMG_1431.jpg

Last edited:

Eddy,, Is that your second RV? Or the only one you have had.
Congratulations on your 5000 hour milestone! Pretty cool deal.
See you at OSH

jay, only one love in my life. thought of selling and getting a beautful 7a out in the Dakoda,s but couldn't do it. been doing some upgrades and enjoying that. life moves on. probably not osh this year though but you never know.

Back