What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High Fuel Pressure Readings

n74846

Well Known Member
Up until recently pressure was usually 5.x-6.x PSI. now I routinely see low 7's (in the yellow) with spikes into the 7.9-8.5 (red warning). Sometimes it stays there, other times it drops back to normal. Never low. Based on that I have not been to concerned, but as it is happening more frequently I am seeking advice. If it is not a bad sensor, does high pressure present a problem?

Which avionics package do you have? Some of the fuel pressure sensors (like mine) have Fast-On terminals that can get loose and cause intermittent high pressure readings. Some have other types of terminals. I just needed to squeeze mine a little with some pliers and the alarms went away... until I put the new mechanical pump on, then I had to adjust the range on the Dynon.

If this is a sudden occurrence then it is more likely a poor connection or sender. It would be rare to have the pressure increase after time versus decrease.

I have a Skyview system, and bought it flying. I was told they were having problem readings and changed the Kavlico before purchase. 117 hours now.

I guess I'm the luckiest guy to ever build an RV-12: 478 hours and no fuel flow, fuel pressure or oil pressure sensor issues. I have the red cube, Honeywell oil pressure sensor and VDO fuel pressure sensor.

Fate

I guess I'm the luckiest guy to ever build an RV-12: 478 hours and no fuel flow, fuel pressure or oil pressure sensor issues. I have the red cube, Honeywell oil pressure sensor and VDO fuel pressure sensor.
You should never have said that.

Back