What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS 480 settings for Dynon SV

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Hello,

I recently installed a GNS 480 in my panel and now I am needing some guidance as to what settings I change in the 480 so that it will communicate correctly with the dynon skyview via arinc. I did install the unit per the wiring diagram in the dynon book page 12-10, but dynon does not provide config instructions for the 480.

many thanks

IMG_0836.JPG

untitled.png

Yahoo Page No Longer Available

Pyolet,

Is the data from the answer that you posted in 2016 on this topic still available? Apparently the page referenced is no longer available through Yahoo forums due to their policy changes.

Thx,

Tom

480 group moved to groups.io

Pyolet,

Is the data from the answer that you posted in 2016 on this topic still available? Apparently the page referenced is no longer available through Yahoo forums due to their policy changes.

Thx,

Tom

The GNS480 Yahoo group has been moved to the groups.io forum due to Yahoo discontinuing many of their services. All of the content has been preserved. You can join here: https://groups.io/g/gns480-users

-Greg

Still available

I also have a Garmin 480 in my Glasair talking to the Dynon. I can give you the settings if you still need them.

Help, Still Need Those Settings

Skysailor,

Yes, I still need those settings on both the Dynon/ARINC side and the CNX80 side.

On the Dynon, the setup page shows no sentences arriving. Wiring is good.

Thx

Just walking out the door for a business trip. Shoot me an email or I will get the settings and send them to you Friday.

Skysailor,

Yes, I still need those settings on both the Dynon/ARINC side and the CNX80 side.

On the Dynon, the setup page shows no sentences arriving. Wiring is good.

Thx

Here are the CNX80 settings
open

open

open

open

...and the SkyView Side:

input_speed=HIGH
input1=SERIAL_IN_FUNC_GPS1
name1=480GPS
input2=SERIAL_IN_FUNC_NAV1
name2=480NAV