What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Leftover parts - AN Spacer 4D, AN Spacer 6D

Tim Lewis

Well Known Member
Well this is embarrassing. My RV-10 is finished, and I have left over parts. Bag 1452 contained 4 each "AN Spacer 4D" and 4 each "AN spacer 6D." I can only find two mentions of these parts in the RV-10 plans. Page 37-2 has an AN Spacer-6D as part of the fuel line penetration of the firewall, and page FF1-6 has an AN Spacer 4D as part of the manifold line firewall penetration.

I'd be interested in your insights into where the other 6 spacers are called out in the plans (or perhaps they're not).

Thanks,

Tim

How do your fuel lines exit the tunnel, with a grommet or a fitting? The "old way" is a single piece of fuel line with a grommet in the tunnel walls. The "new way" is with a fitting and the spacer (similar to how the fuel line penetrates the firewall). Perhaps you have the parts for the "new way" but your fuselage is the "old way." Just a guess, which would account for the 6Ds.

-Rob

Three 6Ds

I just finished this. One 6D spacer on the firewall fuel line penetration and one each 6D spacer on the fuel line penetrations of the tunnel wall aft of the fuel selector. I only had two so had to order the third one, expected any day. You must have gotten mine.:) I only recall two 4D spacers - at brake line penetrations of the tunnel next to the fuel line penetrations, but I'm not done yet.

Back