VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-22-2018, 03:02 PM

Default Sensenich GA Prop

Does anyone have experience with an RV7, IO-360 (180 HP) with the Sensenich ground adjustable prop? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks,
Old 02-23-2018, 07:35 PM

I have one, but i am still in the build phase. Unfortunately, I donít have any data to share. Once the thing is flying, Iíd be happy to do so.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:16 PM

Good to hear someone has one. Which RV and engine combination will you be putting it on?
Old 02-23-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot28906 View Post
Does anyone have experience with an RV7, IO-360 (180 HP) with the Sensenich ground adjustable prop? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks,
Mark Dickens went from a Catto to Sensenich GA with his RV-8. Perhaps he could provide an update.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot28906 View Post
Good to hear someone has one. Which RV and engine combination will you be putting it on?
RV-8, with a Superior IO-360 9:1 pistons.

Like you, I did a search prior to purchasing the prop, and couldnt find much info. I bought the Sensenich over the WhirlWind because of the pitch pin system. I hope its worth the extra money!

Last edited by smithflys23 : 02-23-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:36 PM

Default I have one on my RV4

I have a sensi GA prop on my 0320 RV4

I am very pleased with the performance.. I had to have the index pins changed to the 180hp setting to allow enough pitch. I believe the blades are the same for both engines just in different hubs.

I find the performance was very close or slightly better than the sensi metal prop I had. I suspect if you can find some data on the metal prop it will be close.

Cm
Rocky Mountain Renegades
the mission... have fun.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Murphy View Post
I have a sensi GA prop on my 0320 RV4

I am very pleased with the performance.. I had to have the index pins changed to the 180hp setting to allow enough pitch. I believe the blades are the same for both engines just in different hubs.

I find the performance was very close or slightly better than the sensi metal prop I had. I suspect if you can find some data on the metal prop it will be close.

Cm
How do you like the adjustment process? Do you have to fine tune the adjustment after using the pitch pin? How long does the process of changing the pitch take?
Old 02-24-2018, 07:14 AM

As Springer said, I changed over last summer and so far, very happy with it. Smooth, good looking, love the ability to adjust it, getting book speeds with it on a Titan IOX-370 (190hp). Very light prop. The spinner is very nicely made and is ready to install out of the box. Nothing against the Catto. That was a great prop too. A bonus for me was going to 2 blades from the 3 blade Catto which made cowl removal and replacement easier. I'd do it again.
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Sensenich GA Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
www.marksrv8.com
Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 AM

Default Adjusting the pitch

Using the pitch pin system is very easy and acurate.
You can probably download the manual as a pdf or check their website for a video. Basically you loosen the clamp bolts, twist the blade so that the index pin is against the pitch pin and torque the bolts. You have to take the spinner off to do this and also do a final retorque after 5 hours. Only check is to check the track. The whole thing takes 30 mins or so.

Cm
Rocky Mountain Renegades
the mission... have fun.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dickens View Post
As Springer said, I changed over last summer and so far, very happy with it. Smooth, good looking, love the ability to adjust it, getting book speeds with it on a Titan IOX-370 (190hp). Very light prop. The spinner is very nicely made and is ready to install out of the box. Nothing against the Catto. That was a great prop too. A bonus for me was going to 2 blades from the 3 blade Catto which made cowl removal and replacement easier. I'd do it again.
Have you made many adjustments to it? Or, did you figure a good setting, and leave it?
It sounds like my engine will be very comparable to yours in HP. Which pin did you use?