What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X touch audio alerts

freefly42

I'm New Here
I've finally closed out the last few punch list items on my G3X touch installation. One of these was connecting the audio alert output to my audio pane--it's a KA-134. I have the volume settings turned up to 100% on both the audio configuration page (default was only 50%) and in the main setup screen audio settings (default was 90%). Even so, the audio is barely audible. I also have audio alerts wired from my GTN 650 and they are much louder. I've tried switching the inputs between the GTN and G3X and the G3X is always barely audible and the GTN is fine, so I don't believe there's an issue with the KA-134. What could I possibly be missing?

Definitely something wrong if you have low audio alerts. Cranked all the way up, mine will scare the poo out of passengers. I have used both the Garmin GMA-240 and the PS Engineering PMA-450 and both have the same results from the G3X. I have used both the original and the Touch systems.

I've finally closed out the last few punch list items on my G3X touch installation. One of these was connecting the audio alert output to my audio pane--it's a KA-134. I have the volume settings turned up to 100% on both the audio configuration page (default was only 50%) and in the main setup screen audio settings (default was 90%). Even so, the audio is barely audible. I also have audio alerts wired from my GTN 650 and they are much louder. I've tried switching the inputs between the GTN and G3X and the G3X is always barely audible and the GTN is fine, so I don't believe there's an issue with the KA-134. What could I possibly be missing?

Hello Freefly,

Thank you for choosing a G3X Touch system!

Troubleshooting an audio issue like this, especially when a 3rd party audio panel is being used, normally requires that we ask a number questions about the wiring from the source to the audio panel, the ability to adjust the alert input volume on the audio panel, and even the G3X Touch software version. Contacting us directly is always the most efficient way to receive customer support.

A number of software driven audio improvements have been implemented since we first released this product, so we always start by asking the customer to make sure the latest software is installed.

We haven't had any luck finding an installation manual for your audio panel, so we can't tell if the mono audio hi/lo/shield connections are supported and if there is a user adjustable volume on the unswitched audio inputs.

There is an audio signal source (the GDU) which you turned up all the way, unspecified wiring connections, and no mention of adjustment of the audio volume at the audio panel end.

If you had a GMA 240 audio panel and were having this issue, besides checking the wiring we would ask you to adjust the alert input volume on the audio panel. As others have stated, this would surely provide plenty of sound.

We are here to help should you wish to contact us.

Thanks,
Steve

I have the same problem. I use the G3X touch audio panel. Alerts are barely audible.

Hello Chris,

We are guessing that a "G3X touch audio panel" is probably a GTR 20?, but please contact us and we are happy to help.

The GTR 20 has great on-screen volume adjustment of the AUX inputs used for alert audio, so this should be a quick fix.

Go into configuration mode, select the COM radio page, and adjust the AUX 1 Input volume and/or squelch as necessary. If you go to the Sound configuration page, you can push the Test buttons and play audio clips to make sure the volume is to your liking before leaving configuration mode.

Thanks,
Steve

Back