What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Diagrams for G3X installation

John Faber

I'm New Here
Currently Building an RV10 in southern Africa and just moving into the panel install. I've just spent the last few weeks pouring over the Garmin manual and putting together diagrams for the installation. We've chosen to be VFR only. Just started making up the looms. I would appreciate if anybody has any comments, suggestions or corrections! Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
..just a quick look at your GEA24 wiring: the MASTER lights are grounded by the unit, you should have pwr on the other side of the indicator.

Thanks Igor, I'll check that out. Is anyone familiar with mounting the GSU 25 on the back of the PFD? The reason I ask is about the power line feeding the GSU 25- is it fed from the PDF or has it got its own power source from the bus? I've got it wired for power and ground (like all the other LRU's) straight from the buses.

Thanks Igor, I'll check that out. Is anyone familiar with mounting the GSU 25 on the back of the PFD? The reason I ask is about the power line feeding the GSU 25- is it fed from the PDF or has it got its own power source from the bus? I've got it wired for power and ground (like all the other LRU's) straight from the buses.

Hello John,

We don't recommend mounting the GSU 25 ADAHRS to the back of the display, but if you do, you may use the power/ground, CAN bus, and RS-232 connections on the P4X01 9 pin connector with a short cable to connect the GSU 25.

You may also use separate power/ground wires as you have described.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

I'm just curious, is it because of the heat or vibrations?

Thanks,

Hello Igor,

Mostly vibration (for most panels), but there is also a convenience factor.

Most of us enjoy making a big hole in the panel to work on things behind the panel by removing a GDU 460, and if there is a GSU 25 mounted to the back of the display, you have to deal with that including two more connectors and pitot/static/AOA tubes.

Some have reported good success mounting to the back of the display, but for some installations, this isn't the case.

We worked really hard with Van's Engineering to make this work on their RV-12, but never could stiffen up the panel enough to reduce the vibration to an acceptable level.

Thanks,
Steve

Rv 10 pnl and wiring

Be for you do anything call Steinair avionics or email them. They did my avionics and wiring. Saved me time are great to with.

Back