What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Left elevator stiffener trimming?

Mort04

I am working on my left elevator stiffeners. In the plans it says to trim E-720 J,K,L. I?m assuming the measurements are in inches? If I trim by the specified amount it would remove the aft holes on each stiffener. The leangh of the stiffeners are supposed to be the same as the right elevators stiffeners? Correct?

I am working on my left elevator stiffeners. In the plans it says to trim E-720 J,K,L. I?m assuming the measurements are in inches? If I trim by the specified amount it would remove the aft holes on each stiffener. The leangh of the stiffeners are supposed to be the same as the right elevators stiffeners? Correct?

If I remember correctly you are just supposed to connect the dots and trim off the excess. They should fit without further modification. If you have to cut off a hole i think something is messed up.

If I remember correctly you are just supposed to connect the dots and trim off the excess. They should fit without further modification. If you have to cut off a hole i think something is messed up.

Yeah is agree, I?m just not sure what unit of measurement the plans are using to trim the stiffeners. I compared them to the right and now understand where the trimming needs to be. Thanks for the response!

Back