What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh IO-390 Show Special...

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
According to the price sheet I just downloaded from Vans the YIO-390-A3B6 is/was available for $32,800. Does that engine work on the RV-14A? The IO-390 listed on the the normal order engine page is $38,700, so that a significant price break. Almost to good to be true.

Michael-

According to the price sheet I just downloaded from Vans the YIO-390-A3B6 is/was available for $32,800. Does that engine work on the RV-14A? The IO-390 listed on the the normal order engine page is $38,700, so that a significant price break. Almost to good to be true.

Michael-

It is Van's engine of choice for the RV14/14A. Here is a snip from their FB page about engines for RV14/14A.
"The version we sell ? the IO-390A3B6 ? is configured with a standard Lycoming sump, Bendix-style injection, Slick magnetos and a forward mounted prop governor. Because very few IO-390s appear on the used market, we can assume that any IO-390 in an RV-14/14A will have been purchased from Van?s and will fit the RV-14 without trouble."

Good deal

I've been thinking of building a 14, if I could buy futures on this engine for this price it would seal the deal.;)

Michael

Michael-

It looks like that is a typo on that web page.
If you open the actual order form the YIO-390-A3B6 is listed at $33,800 so the OSH special flyer showing $32,800 is correct for the $1000 bundle discount

Back