What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prospective RV owner new to Eglin

Raleigh3athlete

I'm New Here
Hey folks,

Just recently moved to the Eglin area and based on my research, I'm looking to buy a nice second hand RV-4. (With plans to eventually build an RV-10 as a long term project)

Anyways, I haven't actually flown in an RV-4 and would like to compare the RV-4 and the RV-8 as I'm 6ft and 220 lbs.

If there is anyone close to Eglin/Crestview/Destin etc... that would be willing to show me around their RV-4 or RV-8 I would be greatly appreciative.

Willing to drive up to several hours if necessary.

Thanks for the help!

-Bill

My Son has an Rv-8 and I have an Rv-6 live on an airport AL17 SE of Birmingham not sure of the distance I am here most of the time you are welcome to come up and look at our RVs. There is another RV-6 also based here.
EV

Last edited:
New to Eglin

Hi bill. Welcome. I live on Okaloosa Island (Eglin) and I'm building an RV8 at Baker Sky Ranch (18FD) about 25 miles N of Eglin (almost ready to fly). Anyway there are about 10 RV's at our grass strip including 1 RV4 and 2 RV8's. Your welcome to come visit and see what you think!! Our EAA chapter has at least 1 additional RV8A at Defuniak Springs. Send PM for additional info.

Cecil

Back