What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Our experience dealing with Advanced Flight Systems

Robert Sailor

Well Known Member
I want to be clear from the get go, we did not buy an Advanced Flight Systems new ....in fact it simply came with the RV-6A that we recently purchased.
There was also nothing wrong with the AFS systems but there was lots wrong with the operator's.

Rob Hickman has answered many questions on email but when I suggested we'd fly down and actually use his demo equipment to learn what we needed to know he was extremely accommodating. He was waiting for us when we arrived and put his teachers hat on and before to long everything was making sense. He also updated our systems. Needless to say our trip back home was much more fun than the trip down as we started to apply our new knowledge base..

I want our readers to know that we have spent copious amounts of money over the years on everything aviation and never in that time has anyone risen to the level of Rob and his team at AFS. I can only imagine how well an actual new owner would be treated if our experience as a second hand owner is any indication.

We love the AFS 5600 EFIS and all the associated systems and want to pass on our highest recommendations to Rob and his team, they manufacture a wonderful product and back it up with world class service, it was a great experience dealing with them.

Cheers, Robert and Carla
RV-6A Nanaimo, BC.

Ditto

Ditto to that Robert!

I started with the AF-3500 and have moved up in the past year as well. Nothing but awesome service both times.

Great products and great service from Rob his wife and his son on the tech support side during configuration.

There are other aviation companies out there that have an excellent customer service but when it comes to Rob and the rest of the people at AFS you come away with an outstanding product and the answer to any question day or night you may have missed in the operators manual. Personal experience.

Kudos to Rob and his team @ AFS

Agreed!

Rob and the AFS team have been the kind of support one only wishes for. I installed a Dynon QuickPanel (IFR) in my Rv-7A 2 years ago... and that project went better than could be expected. Then this past winter, while my plane was in the paint shop, I upgraded to an IFR panel, with design and build done by Rob's team. Nothing but positive reviews and phenomenal support! Keep it up guys.

...and I hear Rob cooks up a ridiculous pizza along with his craft beer!

Cheers,
Ackselle

Thank you Rob!

I'll add to the chorus of happy customers.

I've installed a Skyview QuickPanel in my RV-7A and it fully powered up this week. What a beautiful sight!

I've had at least a dozen questions along the way, and Rob Hickman has responded amazingly fast and helpfuly, often in the evening and weekends as well as during normal hours.

The Skyview installation documentation is first-rate. The QuickPanel documentation looks like it is still a work in progress, but Rob has cleared up all the questions I've encountered in along the way.

David Harris

#metoo

#metoo

Five years ago I bought an AFS Sport AoA system from Aircraft Spruce. It wasn't until after I had installed and flown with it that I realized they had sent me a unit without the Landing Gear option, which I needed. AFS had me send them my working, but used, unit and they sent me the correct one at no charge. I was impressed.

AFS Rob Hickman and his team

I cannot say enough good things about Rob Hickman and his amazing commitment to service and quality. It would take me all morning to site specific examples, but i made a wise choice buying everything from Rob.

What to do?

Don't buy your avionics before you have a chat with Rob Hickman.

Love my AFS 5600T, and love their customer support.

Back