What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Wheel Jack

N941WR

Legacy Member
I have been using the jack in the picture below for years and a friend was asking where I got it from. Since Avery's shut down, did anyone pick up the production of these?

(I know this was an early version, but it works great!)

25krg5u.jpg

Is anyone making these now?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
I used this as an excuse to get out the MIG and cut up some 1" square mild steel tubing. In less than an hour I had an RV wheel jack, been using it for a few years and works great. I have a u-bolt attached permanently to the gear leg to trap the cable.

I used this as an excuse to get out the MIG and cut up some 1" square mild steel tubing. In less than an hour I had an RV wheel jack, been using it for a few years and works great. I have a u-bolt attached permanently to the gear leg to trap the cable.

I may end up doing that, if he can't buy one. Only I don't have one of those new fangled MIG setups, just an old school oxy acetylene rig.

Audi Jack

I haven't quite gotten the adapter figured out, but I think this 3lb. aluminum Audi jack would be light enough to carry with me. It folds up neatly:

FBBKAG.jpg

MDaMHg.jpg

That's a cool jack, John, but he is looking for something to use for his annuals, not bring with him on trips.

I have been using the jack in the picture below for years and a friend was asking where I got it from. Since Avery's shut down, did anyone pick up the production of these?

(I know this was an early version, but it works great!)

25krg5u.jpg

What a great simple idea ! Oh and Home Depot has a $175 MIG welder that I've recently learned how to use and I've welded trusses and hangar doors for my three 45 x 45 hangars with it. I finished one door and now I'm building the next few hangar doors.

https://www.facebook.com/VacaMooAirport/photos/a.591857547899058/607305719687574/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/VacaMooAirport/photos/a.546651232419690/546662915751855/?type=3&theater

Do either of you happen to know what is the size of the cable you are using with your jack accessory to lift the gear leg? I think I will make one of these.

What those pictures don't show is that the cable wraps once around the horizontal part of gearl leg. My cable is sheathed in plastic.

I would modify Sam's design just a little bit by adding a gusset where the two pieces of bar stock come together. Especially if you don't trust your welds!

Back