What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV12 rear window

peter52

Does anyone know the size and thickness of plexiglass one should purchase to make a new rear window on the RV12?

Does anyone know the size and thickness of plexiglass one should purchase to make a new rear window on the RV12?

Are you talking about flat sheet of plastic? In that case it is Lexan (Polycarbonate) and not Plexiglass. Flat Lexan was furnished with early kits. Van's recently upgraded to molded Plexiglass which is impervious to spilled gasoline.

Apropos of nothing I wish that rear window was a hatch into the baggage area like my old mooney...
Maybe one of the smart guys can sort that out and sell a kit?:)

Yes I know Vans sells them but I want to make mine, so need dimensions of rear window if anyone can supply as I am not near my hangar for a while.

Thanks

Yes I know Vans sells them but I want to make mine, so need dimensions of rear window if anyone can supply as I am not near my hangar for a while.

Thanks

I'll sell you my original Lexan still in the wrap. Make you a deal you can't refuse. While we're at it, I'll make you an amazing deal on the original nose gear.

Jerre

Back