What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv 14 digital picture without the skin

Jskyking

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the RV14 without the skin, in a digital format.? I would like to be able to enlarge the file and hang on my shop wall.
Thanks
Jt

it is a mirror omage

If you want the print/plot correct, flip the image left to right.

Notice that the 14A 3-D image is (always has been) a mirror image. Look at the propeller blade pitch direction - that would make the rotation opposite (counter clockwise from the cockpit viewpoint), and the pilot seat on the right (you can see that better in the non-shadowed image version).

The prop looks wrong, but the prop governor is on the correct side and the “390” on the valve covers are not backwards. Maybe, the prop angle is just an illusion? It looks like the elevator trim tab is in the correct location, but the canopy latch handle is not correct for a 14. :confused: Nice illustration, anyway.

Last edited:
The prop looks wrong, but the prop governor is on the correct side and the ?390? on the valve covers are not backwards. Maybe, the prop angle is just an illusion? It looks like the elevator trim tab is in the correct location, but the canopy latch handle is not correct for a 14. :confused: Nice illustration, anyway.

The illustration was done before the entire design was frozen.... it was true to the configuration of the prototype at the time. Except for maybe the propeller.... I have never noticed that.

The illustration was done before the entire design was frozen.... it was true to the configuration of the prototype at the time. Except for maybe the propeller.... I have never noticed that.

Conspiracy theories abound! Perhaps the RV-15??? ;-)

Nice to meet you at 7S5 last weekend Scott.

-Marc

The prop looks wrong, but the prop governor is on the correct side and the ?390? on the valve covers are not backwards. Maybe, the prop angle is just an illusion? It looks like the elevator trim tab is in the correct location, but the canopy latch handle is not correct for a 14. :confused: Nice illustration, anyway.

May be a blade reverse position for short landings :p;)

Anyone have a link for similar image, but of the tailwheel 14?

Made several attempts to get such an image from the mothership to no avail. I knew it existed because it appeared in an ad. Finally had to purchase a print from Fine Art America. Not cheap but very nice. Available in many formats and sizes.

Back