What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2016 trip writeup

bruceh

Well Known Member
I finally, after 30 plus years, made it to the biggest airshow in the world. To fly there in an airplane you built by yourself in the garage made it even more special. Van's Aircraft was celebrating the 30th anniversary of the very successful RV-6 model, and boy were there a lot of RV's there. I committed to going early enough to clear my busy schedule and take off for the week.

The rest of the write up is here.

All of the photos are here.

Nicely done!

My wife and I enjoyed your write up and photos. This was her first visit to Osh and we went by (land-based) RV. After seeing your photos, I think she is excited for me to finish the 7 so that we can travel by air!

Bruce,

Very well done! Loved the write up and the pictures were great as well. Thanks for sharing your experience.

That is a wonderful trip summary. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing the photos. Thank you for sharing it!

I am amazed at how well organized the event seems to be, based on your summary. Coffee, phone chargers, and showers were readily available? Trams? Beer parties! I guess when you get a bunch of aircraft experts together they put on a well organized event!

Nice write-up Bruce. It was great to catch up with you in Boscobel and Lone Rock. What an adventure flying in Sunday! I think you may have beat us in to OSH as we did quite a few circuits of Green Lake.

Cheers,

Bruce McGowan
Santa Ynez
611SE

Back