What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any companies working on developing PCL system?

Timberwolf

Well Known Member
So I was reading about the 915iS with a company developing a system that automatically controls the governer for the prop. In essence a single power control lever where the computer does the work for managing prop and mixture for the flight. At this point my G3X has all of the pertinent inputs and information, it just needs 2 smaller servos to control mixture and prop governer. You could choose on screen if you wanted to run rich or lean of peak and let it take care of the rest. Seems like the next logical step to me. Anyone out there know of anything like this in development stage?

Single lever engine control was problematic on Cirrus. I talked to one owner who simple did not understand way his engine went to 2700 RPM when flying high with WOT. However I read many Cirrus pilots could care less what RPM they are at - they figure the computer is smarter than they are.

I?ll keep the three levers. How I want to operate my engine may differ from the smart 29 year old software code guy.

Carl

Single lever engine control was problematic on Cirrus. I talked to one owner who simple did not understand way his engine went to 2700 RPM when flying high with WOT. However I read many Cirrus pilots could care less what RPM they are at - they figure the computer is smarter than they are.

I?ll keep the three levers. How I want to operate my engine may differ from the smart 29 year old software code guy.

Carl

The "computer" in the cirrus is nothing more than a slot in the throttle lever that connects an otherwise traditional prop control to it.

Now if it were a true FADEC, sign me up.

Back