What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost a RV14 Seat Mod - Installation During Build

Aero_Octaveus

Well Known Member
Hi all, Just curious if anyone has experience with installation of the Almost a RV14 Seat Mod from Antisplat during construction. I am about to start my F-705 bulkhead assembly and curious if its an easier/cleaner install to start now.

(Also, if someone has incorporated during construction do you have a buildlog or pictures?;))

Always easier to install during the build rather than after. This is a very worthwhile mod along with the wheel bearing one that Allen provides.

I did it. I just didn't rivet the upper cross piece and replaced it with the antisplat piece at the right time. I followed the tip up instructions on their site.
2hqwi36.jpg
[/IMG]
10okyh1.jpg
[/IMG]

Should be super easy during the build. I did mine after, but before first flite. Only took about 4 hours.

Those that have it- worth while mod? I'm 6'4" still building but would need to re-do it. Was thinking I'd fly and see if I like it before adding it later. QB slider

Those that have it- worth while mod? I'm 6'4" still building but would need to re-do it. Was thinking I'd fly and see if I like it before adding it later. QB slider

There?s really nothing to ?re-do?. The almost 14 kit is super easy to install and inexpensive as well. Just do it...you?ll never regret it. I think that the almost 14 kit and the supertracks canopy extension kit from Flyboy Accessories are two of the best mods you can do to your 7 to improve on the overall comfort and usability of the cockpit area. The 7 cockpit can get a little tight for bigger/taller guys and both of these kits really help to maximize your room.

Mark

At 6?4? seriously doubt u will like the standard vs the 14 Mod. I?m 6?3? , sat in Allan?s 9A that he had modded for 1 minute and it was a No-Brainer for me. Best $180 I spent on the build. EZ install.

I did it. I just didn't rivet the upper cross piece and replaced it with the antisplat piece at the right time. I followed the tip up instructions on their site.
2hqwi36.jpg
[/IMG]
10okyh1.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok, I see how you did that. Million thanks. Ill try and get it incorporated into my slider build the same way.

Thanks All! You sold me- I've ordered several things from Allan already, should have trusted my gut and done this one from the start. Supertracks were ordered a few weeks ago as well.

Dan

Here is a 'before' picture, for comparison. I also added another hinge row on the floor, which allows the seat-back bottom to move another 1.5 inches aft.

zOxJ5T4h.jpg

I ordered two additional F-638 seat back braces and plan on cutting them about an inch shorter. That way I?ll have three different settings. At 5?8? it will be nice to have several settings to quickly choose from. Not to thread creep but does anyone care to share the install on the canopy tracks? Looks a bit complicated. :eek:

Back