What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Display installed...

Tony_T

Well Known Member
Patron
Twelve and one half hours completed the Dual Display option. I went kind of slow on the wiring splices to make sure I got it right. Not difficult, but a bit of painstaking work. Powered right up, and after configuring the DSAB network, all the EMS pages and compass showed up on the D100. All of the display options available on the D180 are now duplicated on the D100.
Click on the photo for a link to high-resolution pictures of the install:
[url=http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12-Project-N577RV/Dual-Display-Option/11492924_KA4qt#811281313_drVrK-A-LB][/URL]
Here with flight instruments on the left, EMS and Fuel Computer on the right.
Tony

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

Please stop posting pictures of all the options!
Every time you post pictures I like to have the option too, next time I send the bill to your address :)
Looks great!

Joeri.

Nice Tony!

What is the papers bracket underneath the RH display. Is it standard because we loose the map box, or did you make it yourself to hold maps etc?

Rudi

Nice Tony!

What is the papers bracket underneath the RH display. Is it standard because we loose the map box, or did you make it yourself to hold maps etc?

Rudi

Looks like he relocated the spare fuses under the panel also.

Nice work Tony. Can you take a shot of your interior side panels?

Last edited:
Looks like he relocated the spare fuses under the panel also.

Nice work Tony. Can you take a shot of your interior side panels?

OK now I see it too, the fuses under the LH screen.

Tony are these standard or your modifications?

I was wondering what Vans is going to do to replace the map box storage space areas you loose with the 2nd screen.

Rudi

OK now I see it too, the fuses under the LH screen.

Tony are these standard or your modifications?

I was wondering what Vans is going to do to replace the map box storage space areas you loose with the 2nd screen.

Rudi

Hey guys, everything is per Van's plans. The storage under the right panel is a clever arrangement to hold the POH tightly with spring tabs. The spare fuses are now velcroed under the pilots panel. Also included in the Dual kit is a new map pocket that installs on the center tunnel that I chose not to install because there are plenty of pockets in the side panels. You can see detailed pictures of everything by clicking on any of my pics here and browsing where that takes you.
[url=http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12-Project-N577RV/Dual-Display-Option/11492924_KA4qt#809389925_ZHr4z-A-LB][/URL]
[url=http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12-Project-N577RV/Dual-Display-Option/11492924_KA4qt#809403282_FAhEN-A-LB][/URL]

Yes, I am installing most all the options. I can't help it, I'm Italian. Have not decided on the wheel pants tho', I like to kick the tires before I fly, and also may want to go into backcountry airstrips.

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks Tony, once again Vans thought about everything with this little RV12. It just keeps getting better and better. Rudi

DUAL DISPLAY

I installed the chart pocket which fits over the tunnel cover. I am not getting the interior kit to save weight. Like the rest of Van's designs, the chart pocket is neat. The ability to set up the right side as Tony has shown in his pictures is why I bought the DD option. My airplane build is complete and it is all painted. I am going to run the engine for the first time this weekend or early next week. Then do the pre flight PAP and get the DAR out to inspect!
Larry

Yes, I am installing most all the options. I can't help it, I'm Italian. Have not decided on the wheel pants tho', I like to kick the tires before I fly, and also may want to go into backcountry airstrips.

Tony

The Italian thing was funny! :D

Can you take a pic of your said panels by your seat? I'm curious what they look like.

The Italian thing was funny! :D

Can you take a pic of your said panels by your seat? I'm curious what they look like.

Larry, this picture shows the side panel. This is how they come from Flightline Interiors, there is a big selection of colors to chose from, if you chose a color not in Van's standard selection, there is a small extra charge, I think it was $45. They are installed by Velcro strips which works quite well.
[url=http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12-Project-N577RV/Dual-Display-Option/11492924_KA4qt#809891780_3rJua-A-LB][/URL]

Tony

Nice Job

:cool::cool::cool:Tony - so I guess the airplane will be red too because as you say "you are Italian and can't help it" or something like that. Heck, my 12 will be mostly red and I'm not Italian as far as I know!! And the wheel pants on mine will also be red.

Your panel looks great and thanks for all the leadership in building your 12 (and for the blog - very instructional and truly appreciated).:cool:

:cool::cool::cool:Tony - so I guess the airplane will be red too because as you say "you are Italian and can't help it" or something like that. Heck, my 12 will be mostly red and I'm not Italian as far as I know!! And the wheel pants on mine will also be red.
Ed,
I have pretty much decided on the paint scheme, and red is included, but not Fire Engine red ;).

Tony

Tony. that POH pocket under the panel is very neat. Do you know if it can be purchased separately?

Hello Robert,
The part number for the POH tray is F-12175. I don't find it listed on the online store, but you can probably order it. You should obtain page 43-03 of the plans which shows how to prepare and position the tray for riveting.

Tony

Hello Robert,
The part number for the POH tray is F-12175. I don't find it listed on the online store, but you can probably order it. You should obtain page 43-03 of the plans which shows how to prepare and position the tray for riveting.

Tony

Thanks very much Tony. You have a beautiful looking plane. Whenever my work colleagues, friends or visitors ask me what this plane I'm building is going to look like, I show them a picture of yours. They always sit up and take notice, particularly people who don't know much about planes, and are fascinated by the idea that you can build a real aircraft in your garage.
Regards
Robert

I have been doing that as well, even got it on my KitLog for inspiration. Like you, people I show it to are immediately impressed. Only hope mine turns out as pretty.

Last edited:
Tony,

I was sure that I was not going to order the second screen. Till now.

It looks great. Looks like it's going to cost me.

Back