What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 production acceptance procedures

LIMA HOTEL

For those of you who, like me, have wondered just exactly what we are supposed to do in the five hours of phase 1, the Van's supplied document (title shown above and referred to as PAP) tells us in detail. This 45 page document spells out all the ground systems, flight control, seat & safety belt, engine, pitot & static system leak, engine ground run, weight & balance, fuel system calibration, and placard checks and how to do them. Then preflight inspection, weight & balance worksheet, and taxi tests. Then flight tests (five of them). There are flight test cards prepared for each flight. There is a check list associated with each test in the whole document. And this whole thing, when complete and signed off is to be copied and sent to Van's to be filed as part of their ASTM F 2279-06 Quality Assurance Record for each LSA produced.
COOL! This PAP is part of the powerplant package although for the early shipments of engines it came as a later package.
Larry:)

I asked them for it early (to do the checks that I could do while waiting for Skyview) and they emailed it to me in a PDF. Send me an email (not a forum message because I often miss those) or call Vans. billhollifield at iname dot com

Back